PreSonus Studio Channel - Channel Strip & Preamp
The PreSonus Studio Channel appeared on our recommended list for Channel Strips Under $500 when we published the very first edition back in January 2016. Due to consistently good ratings it remained on the list until October 2022 when we limited the list to a single item and this was out-ranked by the dbx 286s.
|Sounds And Gear||saintjoe||90/100|
|Recording Mag||Paul Vnuk Jr.||85/100|
The PreSonus Studio Channel is used in many home recording studios for music production.
One handy feature for those who are new to channel strips is that the manual contains a range of suggested settings for different applications.
The preamp, EQ, and compressor have all been very well received by owners - only a few report replacing the standard tube it comes with to improve the sound.
- Channels: 1
- Inputs: XLR (mic), 1/4" TRS (line)
- Outputs: XLR and 1/4" TRS Balanced/Unbalanced
- Preamp: Class A vacuum tube (12AX7) with -6 to +66 dB gain with 48v phantom power
- Compressor: ratio 1:1 to 10:1 with a threshold range of -40 dBu to +2- dBu
- Equalizer: 3-band Parametric with +/-10 dB on each band
- Rackmountable: Yes - 1U