QSC K12.2 2000-Watt 12" Powered PA Speaker
QSC is well known for audio quality, and their K.2 Series takes their quality up a notch, with improved power distribution efficiency, better DSP controls via LCD, user adjustable crossover, and better floor wedge angle.
The K12.2 in particular is also louder than its predecessor, with a max SPL of 132 dB.
This means that the well received K12 just got better, while carrying over the same top notch build and sound quality that people have come to expect from QSC.
With its 12" woofer, you can expect the resulting sound to be full with good low end, yet it is still compatible with sub-woofers, thanks to its user adjustable crossover frequency.
- LF Driver: 12" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.4" Titanium Diaphragm Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 2000W (1800W LF, 225W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 1000W (900W LF, 100W HF)
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz(-6dB) | 45 Hz - 20 kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 132dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Enclosure: ABS Thermoplastic
- Mounting: Pole, Floor Wedge, Fly
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/8" (aux stereo in)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (thru), 1 x XLR (mix out)
- Controls: 3 x Gain Knobs, DSP Controls, Power Switch
- Dimensions: 23.7" × 14" × 14"
- Weight: 41 lbs.
One user aptly put it, "QSC has outdone themselves" with the K12.2. Reviews are full of commendations from users who are impressed with its overall performance. There are a lot of reports of it working well with mobile DJ setups, full band setups, conferences, weddings and other events. Its build quality also gets a lot of thumbs up from experienced users who are very happy with how solid and durable the K12.2 feels.
Some people find the price to be a bit steep.
If you're looking clarity and punch, then you should be willing to invest in the QSC K12.2.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you will find in our guide to The Best Powered PA Speakers.