QSC K12.2 2000-Watt 12" Powered PA Speaker
Gearank High Notes
- 2021.05: Equal Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $1000
- 2019.08: Equal Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $1500
It first appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers from December 2017 through to October 2020. It reappeared again from May 2021 until March 2022 when it was removed again due other options that out ranked it.
QSC is well known for audio quality, and their K.2 Series takes their quality up a notch, with improved power distribution efficiency, better DSP controls via LCD, user adjustable crossover, and better floor wedge angle.
The K12.2 in particular is also louder than its K12 predecessor, with a max SPL of 132 dB.
This means that the well received K12 just got better, while carrying over the same top notch build and sound quality that people have come to expect from QSC.
With its 12" woofer, you can expect the resulting sound to be full with good low end, yet it is still compatible with sub-woofers, thanks to its user adjustable crossover frequency.
The QSC K12.2 features 2000W of power with 1800W going into the low frequency driver for higher headroom. This is important to keep the lows clean and distortion-free.
The K12.2 also has a built-in preset feature so you can custom tailor the sound to suit a variety of program material and venue types.
The presets are also user customizable to add to its versatility with it being used in DJ setups, full band setups, conferences, weddings and other events being used for FOH and sometime floor monitors.
If you're looking for a loud and clear speaker for FOH or monitoring applications, the QSC K12.2 has enough headroom for venues larger than what you'd initially expect them to be used in.
- LF Driver: 12"
- HF Driver: 1.4"
- Amplifier: Class D Amplifiers with Passive Cooling
- Output Power Peak: 2000 W peak (1800 LF + 225 HF)
- Frequency Response: 45Hz-20kHz(-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 132 dB
- Enclosure: Impact Resistant ABS
- Mounting: Wedge, Pole, Floor, Fly
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/8" (aux stereo in)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (thru), 1 x XLR (mix out)
- Controls: 2 x Power, 3 × Level, Rotary encoder (push), 2 × selection buttons
- Dimensions: 23.7" x 14" x 13.8"
- Weight: 39 lbs.
|Sound On Sound||Paul White||96/100|
|Church Productuion||Chris Huff||96/100|