QSC K8 8" Powered PA Speaker - 1000W (Discontinued)
Gearank High Note
The QSC K8 retains some of the features of its larger K10 & K12 siblings including the 1000W (Continuous) amplifier and 1.75" diaphragm compression driver.
Considering that its just $50 cheaper, and only 2 lbs. lighter than the K10, many still opt for the smaller K8 for its midrange emphasis, which translates to better clarity and compatibility with subwoofers.
For its compact size, the QSC K8 can go up to 127 dB Max SPL, just two decibels short of the bigger 10" model. This makes it more than adequate for handling small to medium size venues.
It also comes equipped with built-in DSP and controls for fine tuning the resulting sound, making it easy to integrate into existing setups.
A common complaint with the K8 is that it does not have the same "wedge" profile as the bigger models, which means that it can't be positioned properly for floor monitoring use.
- LF Driver: 8" Cone, 4" Voice-coil
- HF Driver: 1.75" Diaphragm Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 2000W (1000W LF, 1000W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 1000W (500W LF, 500W HF)
- Frequency Response: 66Hz - 18kHz (-6dB) | 61Hz - 20kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 127dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Enclosure: ABS Thermoplastic
- Mounting: Pole, Optional Yoke Mount Kit
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS Combo, 2 x RCA
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (Direct), 1 x XLR (Line)
- Controls: LF Switch (Ext Sub, Norm, Deep), HF (Vocal Boost, Flat), Front LED (Power, Limit, Off), Mic/Line Switch, Gain A & B Knobs, Power Switch
- Dimensions: 17.7" × 11" × 10.6"
- Weight: 27 lbs.