QSC K8.2 2000-Watt 8" Powered PA Speaker
The K8.2 is part of QSC's updated line of K.2 series speakers, carrying over the same quality and standards as the popular original K series, with notable improvements.
Changes include increased power to the LF driver (by taking some away from the HF driver where it's less needed), max SPL (Sound Pressure Level) and improved low-frequency extension, all of which add even more value to the original K8's design.
To be specific, the K8.2's extended bass allows its smaller 8" LF driver to pump more bass, without compromising its midrange clarity.
Another important feature of this speaker is its built-in DSP, which lets you customize or use built-in presets, for quick fine tuning to match venues and sound sources.
Finally, the K8.2 is light and comes with a 3-input mixer that allows for portable PA system functionality.
- LF Driver: 8" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.75" Titanium Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 2000W (1800W LF, 225W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 1000W (900W LF, 100W HF)
- Frequency Response: 59 Hz - 20 kHz (-6dB) | 55 Hz - 20 kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 128dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Enclosure: ABS Thermoplastic with 18 AWG Steel Grille
- Mounting: Pole, Floor Wedge, Flown
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/8" (aux stereo in)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (thru), 1 x XLR (mix out)
- Controls: 3 x Gain Knobs, DSP Controls, Power Switch
- Dimensions: 17.7" × 11" × 10.6"
- Weight: 27 lbs.
The general sentiment is positive, with many users describing the speaker as great sounding and remarkable. Many are impressed with its clear midrange, including guitarists who use it in conjunction with modern guitar processors in place of a traditional guitar amp. It is also reported to work well for singers, speaking engagements and other events. DJs who pair the QSC K8.2 with a subwoofer have also found its performance to be exemplary.
There were a few who found the volume to be lacking, but it appears to have been used in big / open air venues in those cases.
With its quality and portability, the QSC K8.2 is very easy to recommend. If you're looking for 10" or larger options then take a look at our recommendations in our guide to The Best Powered PA Speakers.