QSC K8.2 2000-Watt 8" Powered PA Speaker
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.03: Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker between $500 and $1000
- 2021.05: Equal Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $1000
- 2020.10: Equal Highest Rated Powered PA Speaker Under $1000
The K8.2 first appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers in December 2017 after it had superseded the original K8, where it remained until August 2019 when it was out-ranked by other models.
It came back onto our recommended list in October 2020 where it was the equal highest rated option in our new category of Powered PA Speakers under $1000. In March 2022 it became the highest rated model in that price category where it remains today.
|Bonedo (German)||Axel Erbstösser||90/100|
The K8.2 is part of QSC's updated line of K.2 series speakers, carrying over the same quality and standards as the popular original K series, with notable improvements.
Changes include increased power to the LF driver (by taking some away from the HF driver where it's less needed), max SPL (Sound Pressure Level) and improved low-frequency extension, all of which add even more value to the original K8's design.
To be specific, the K8.2's extended bass allows its smaller 8" LF driver to pump more bass, without compromising its midrange clarity.
Another important feature of this speaker is its built-in DSP, which lets you customize or use built-in presets, for quick fine tuning to match venues and sound sources.
The K8.2 is light and comes with a 3-input mixer that allows for portable PA system functionality.
An interesting application we've seen are guitarists who use it in conjunction with modern guitar processors in place of a traditional guitar amp.
With its quality and portability, the QSC K8.2 is very easy to recommend. If you're looking for 10" or larger options then take a look at our recommendations in our guide to The Best Powered PA Speakers.
- LF Driver: 8" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.75" Titanium Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 2000W (1800W LF, 225W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 1000W (900W LF, 100W HF)
- Frequency Response: 59 Hz - 20 kHz (-6dB) | 55 Hz - 20 kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 128dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Enclosure: ABS Thermoplastic with 18 AWG Steel Grille
- Mounting: Pole, Floor Wedge, Flown
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x 1/8" (aux stereo in)
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (thru), 1 x XLR (mix out)
- Controls: 3 x Gain Knobs, DSP Controls, Power Switch
- Dimensions: 17.7" × 11" × 10.6"
- Weight: 27 lbs.