QSC KW152 15" 1000W 2-Way Powered PA Speaker
The QSC KW152 carries over many of the features found in their popular K series speakers, the main difference being the use of birch plywood for the enclosure.
Another important distinction is its 15" woofer, that allows this speaker to project better and sound fuller.
And with its 1000W Continuous RMS power rating, this speaker has more than enough juice for big venue and outdoor use.
Other features include built-in DSP for sound enhancement and tour-ready 16-gauge steel grilles.
- LF Driver: 15" Cone
- HF Driver: 1.75" Titanium Diaphragm Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 2000W (1000W LF, 1000W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: 1000W (500W LF, 500W HF)
- Frequency Response: 47 Hz – 18 kHz (-6dB) | 44 Hz – 20 kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 133dB
- Crossover Frequency: DSP Controlled
- Enclosure: 15mm Painted Birch Plywood
- Mounting: Pole, Fly, Floor
- Inputs: 1 x XLR/TRS Combo (Line), 1 x XLR/TRS Combo (Mic/Line), 2 x RCA
- Outputs: 1 x XLR (Line), 2 x XLR (Direct)
- Controls: Power, Gain A & B, Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub /Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/ Vocal Boost), Front LED (On /Off/Limit)
- Dimensions: 32.1" × 17.5" × 15.2"
- Weight: 64 lbs.
The QSC KW152 exceeds the expectations of those who set it up as a front of house speaker. It is often commended for having great projection while maintaining QSC's brand of clean and unmuddied sound. Many appreciate how easy it is to setup, and how quick it is to tweak to taste. There are also plenty of satisfied owners who use the QSCKW152 as stage monitor or instrument amplifier.
As expected from a 15" speaker with wooden, the KW152 is quite heavy and bulky. There are also a few who aren't too happy with its dispersion angle, but they are vastly outnumbered by those who think otherwise.
If you're looking for a tour-ready 2-way 15" powered speaker, and the QSC KW152 fits your budget - then it should be high up in your list.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Powered PA Speakers.