QSC TouchMix-16 Digital Audio Mixer
Gearank High Notes
- June 2016: Equal Highest Rated Unpowered Mixing Console
The TouchMix-16 exemplifies how QSC excels in the mixer market, specifically designed for portability and ease of use without compromising sound quality, connectivity, and control depth.
At just 5.9 lbs, this mixer is many times lighter than others with the same amount of channels, and it offers modern features that include a touch screen interface for controlling the faders.
- Inputs: 4 x Combo (XLR & 1/4"), 12 x XLR, 2 x 1/4" TRS
- Channels: 20
- Phantom power: 16 Channels
- Equalizer: 4-Band EQ Per Channel, 1/3-octave Graphic
- Outputs: 2 x XLR, 1/4", 6 x XLR (aux), 2 x 1/4" TRS (stereo aux out), 2 x USB (One for Wifi Adapter), 2 x 1/4" Headphones out
- Onboard Effects include Chorus, Reverb, Pitch Correction, Delay and Echo.
- Weight: 5.9 lbs.
With up to 20 channels, the QSC TouchMix-16 offers impressive value and features per pound, something that many reviewers specifically mentioned. And it's not just limited to connectivity and features, because the sound quality itself got a lot of thumbs up from experts and other users. Most who have used the unit say this is easily the best compact 20-channel mixer in the market today.
There aren't a lot of specific complaints other than the expected shipping and factory defect issues.
The QSC TouchMix-16 is the best choice if you're looking for a portable mixer that does not skimp on quality and depth.
This was previously on our recommended list and it only came off because we stopped publishing our previous guide to passive mixing consoles. At time of publication we were publishing a guide to The Highest Rated Powered Mixers.