Quik-Lok QL742 2 Tier Keyboard Stand
Gearank High Notes
- February 2017: Highest Rated 2 Tier X-Style Keyboard Stand
The Quik-Lok QL-742 can accommodate keyboards as thin as 20" on the top tier if you adjust it to maximum height by positioning the feet in their closest position.
Keyboard sizes from 49-Keys and up will fit on the bottom tier in standing positions.
Although the top tier has a fixed depth you can adjust it forwards and backwards to give you the right amount of accessibility on the bottom keyboard.
It's main point of difference with similar stands is that it has a "Push to adjust" locking disc system.
- Load capacity overall: 200 lb
- Load capacity top tier: 75 lb
- Height - Main Tier: Adjustable to 3 heights - 26.4", 30.3", 34.3"
- Height - Top Tier: Adjustable to 2 heights above the main tier - from 5.7" to 8.8
- Top tier angles: 90°, 77°, 64°, 51°
- Main Tier Depth: 17.2"
- Top Tier Depth: 16.5"
- Leg Depth: 24''
- Width: Not specified
- Construction: 1.18" x 1.18" steel tubing (30 mm x 30 mm)
- Weight: 20.7 lb
Professional musicians are among those giving it positive reviews - many of them are happy using it for gigging and others happy with it in a studio context. Some people said that the push button did make height adjustment relatively easy.
Other than shipping issues, there are some complaints about poor construction and/or low quality parts. These types of complaints are in the minority - one reviewer suggested there may be variability in quality control.
If you're looking for an affordable and portable double tier stand, then you may want to consider this.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Keyboard Stands.