Reloop Neon USB MIDI Pad Controller
The Reloop Neon is primarily a DJ focused MIDI pad controller that is plug and play compatible with Serato's DJ Pro software.
6 of the 8 large, backlit, velocity-sensitive pads can be used to trigger samples, while 2 can be mapped to other functions by MIDI via USB.
It can also be mapped for use with other software as well.
- Pads: 8 Large Velocity Sensitive Backlit Pads. 6 for Drum samples and 2 multi-purpose pads.
- Buttons: 8 x Function Buttons, 4 x Transport buttons
- Knobs: 2 x Multi-purpose knobs
- Other: none
- Analog Inputs:none
- Analog Outputsnone
- Standalone Mode: no
- Power: USB bus power
- Connectivity: MIDI via USB
- Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later , Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Software Bundle: 8GB built in sample library, 25 GB Komplete 11 Select library
- Dimensions: 12.6" x 11.85" x 1.61"
- Weight: 5.9 lbs
Rave reviews (no pun intended) come from those who prefer to perform DJ sets with more than just playback. Triggering samples, cutting up beats and other improvisational techniques are easy to do on the Reloop Neon. As a MIDI pad controller for other DAWS, the Reloop Neon does a decent job as a supplementary sample pad for an existing setup.
While it is optimized for use with Serato DJ Pro, it was lackluster in integration with other software and needed further mapping manually.
If you're a performer centering on DJing that wants to do some sample triggering, slicing and some degree of sequencing, the Reloop Neon is a simple, but effective tool for your arsenal.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best MIDI Pad Controllers.