Reloop Neon USB MIDI Pad Controller
The Neon appeared on our recommended list for MIDI Pad Controllers from July 2020 through June 2021.
The Reloop Neon is primarily a DJ focused MIDI pad controller that is plug and play compatible with Serato's DJ Pro software.
As a MIDI pad controller for other DAWS, the Reloop Neon does a decent job as a supplementary sample pad for an existing setup although you may need to do some manual mapping.
6 of the 8 large, backlit, velocity-sensitive pads can be used to trigger samples, while 2 can be mapped to other functions by MIDI via USB.
It can also be mapped for use with other software as well.
Triggering samples, cutting up beats and other improvisational techniques are easy to do on the Reloop Neon.
If you're a performer centering on DJing that wants to do some sample triggering, slicing and some degree of sequencing, the Reloop Neon is a simple, but effective tool for your arsenal.
- Pads: 8 Large Velocity Sensitive Backlit Pads. 6 for Drum samples and 2 multi-purpose pads.
- Buttons: 8 x Function Buttons, 4 x Transport buttons
- Knobs: 2 x Multi-purpose knobs
- Other: none
- Analog Inputs:none
- Analog Outputsnone
- Standalone Mode: no
- Power: USB bus power
- Connectivity: MIDI via USB
- Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later , Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Software Bundle: 8GB built in sample library, 25 GB Komplete 11 Select library
- Dimensions: 12.6" x 11.85" x 1.61"
- Weight: 5.9 lbs