Roland Cube Street EX Battery-Powered Stereo Amplifier - 50W
As implied by the name, the Roland Cube Street EX Battery Powered Stereo Amplifier isn’t a practice amp. Rather, it’s a performance amp for musicians on the go.
The amp actually has 4 independent inputs, allowing for different musicians to play simultaneously. If you ever gig outdoors, the Cube Street is likely to be one of your best options. At 50-watts, it’s more than loud enough for most street corner performances.
- Power Rating: 50-Watts
- Speaker Size: 2x8”
- Models: Electric Guitar (Lead, Crunch, Clean), Acoustic
- Effects: Distortion, Chorus, Delay, Reverb
- Controls: Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Chorus/Delay, Reverb, E-Guitar (Voice Selection)
- Input/Output: AUX-In, Headphone-Out, R/L output
- Extras: 4 Independent Channels, Tuner, Stereo Link
- Weight: 16 lbs. 6 oz.
With that out of the way, when looking at the amp’s tone and features it compares pretty favorably with others in its price range. The amp has 4 base gain settings, lead, crunch, clean, and acoustic sim. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have an independent gain control. The amp also comes with chorus, delay, and reverb.
The Cube Street comes with AUX-in, headphone-out, and footswitch compatibility. An interesting feature of the amp is that you can actually link two Cube Streets together with the R/L outputs and the stereo link control. And as you probably guessed from the name, it can be powered by batteries.