Roland KC-550 4-Channel Mixing 180 Watt Keyboard Amp (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2017.09: Equal Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Under $1000
- 2016.05: Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Under $1000
The KC-550 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Amps Under $1000 when we first published the list in May 2016 and remained there until November 2018 when it had been superseded by the KC-600.
This 180 Watt amp comes with a 15" woofer for producing strong bass tones but also has an output for a subwoofer if you want additional power on the bottom end.
It sports an output select switch and a shape switch for making quick tonal adjustments.
It also has a stereo link I/O so you can chain two of these together for full stereo sound. Although you can get a single stereo amp for less than two of these, some people prefer to use two amps for stereo so they can be placed at a much larger distance apart than the two speakers of a stereo amp. It also has stereo aux inputs for backing tracks.
It's a versatile amp used as a small PA system, for monitoring, and also as a submixer on stage.
Customer reviews show that the Roland KC-550 is being used as a workhorse amp by keyboardists, bass players, electronic drummers and more.
- Output Power: 180 Watts.
- Number of Channels: 4.
- Inputs: 1 XLR, 4 x 1/4", 2 x RCA (stereo aux), and a stereo 1/4" TRS.
- Outputs: Balanced 2 x XLR, Unbalanced 2 x 1/4" TS, 1/4" subwoofer out, 1/4" TRS stereo out, and a 1/4" TRS headphone out.
- Speakers: 15" Woofer and a 1" Tweeter.
- Tone Control: 3 band EQ.
- Size: 21" x 23" x 17.5".
- Weight: 63 lbs.