Roland KC-880 320W 5-channel Keyboard Amp (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
This was Roland's flagship stereo keyboard amp, before being superseded, producing 320 watts total power and sporting 5 stereo input channels.
It comes with built in stereo DSP effects which apart from the regular reverb, delay chorus etc., also includes a 'rotary' stereo effect which emulates a Leslie rotary speaker system.
Like the KC-550, it also comes with a stereo I/O link for chaining multiple amps together.
It does have a mic input so you can use it as a small PA system, however like most keyboard amps it doesn't have phantom power so you can only use it with dynamic mics unless you have a preamp to power a condenser mic.
It also comes with removable casters making easy to move around, which is important because this is a very heavy amp.
If you want a big, powerful, stereo amp for keyboards then this is a great option for a second hand keyboard amp.
Picture of the inputs and outputs
- Output Power: 320 watts.
- Number of Channels: 5 stereo.
- Inputs: Channels 1 to 4 have 2x 1/4" with channel 1 having an additional XLR balanced mic input. Channel 5 is for auxiliary and has 2x 1/4" + 2 x RCA + a stereo 1/8". It also has an optional footswitch (sold separately) for controlling effect. See the picture below.
- Outputs: 2 x Balanced XLR, 2 x 1/4" and a 1/4" headphone out - see the picture below.
- Speakers: 2 x 12" woofers and 2 x tweeters.
- Tone Control: 3 band EQ.
- Size: With casters - 28.9375" x 17.5625" x 23.25"; Without casters - 28.9375" x 17.5625" x 21.125".
- Weight: 97 lbs. 1 oz.