Roland KC-880 320W 5-channel Keyboard Amp (Discontinued)
This was Roland's flagship stereo keyboard amp, before being superseded, producing 320 watts total power and sporting 5 stereo input channels.
It comes with built in stereo DSP effects which apart from the regular reverb, delay chorus etc., also includes a 'rotary' stereo effect which emulates a Leslie rotary speaker system.
Like the KC-550, it also comes with a stereo I/O link for chaining multiple amps together.
It also comes with removable casters making easy to move around.
- Output Power: 320 watts.
- Number of Channels: 5 stereo.
- Inputs: Channels 1 to 4 have 2x 1/4" with channel 1 having an additional XLR balanced mic input. Channel 5 is for auxiliary and has 2x 1/4" + 2 x RCA + a stereo 1/8". It also has an optional footswitch (sold separately) for controlling effect. See the picture below.
- Outputs: 2 x Balanced XLR, 2 x 1/4" and a 1/4" headphone out - see the picture below.
- Speakers: 2 x 12" woofers and 2 x tweeters.
- Tone Control: 3 band EQ.
- Frequency Response: Not specified.
- Size: With casters - 28.9375" x 17.5625" x 23.25"; Without casters - 28.9375" x 17.5625" x 21.125".
- Weight: 97 lbs. 1 oz.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Not specified.
Picture of the inputs and outputs
The majority of customer reviews say this is the best stereo keyboard amp they've used. It gets praised for the quality of the sound and for it's versatility.
Other than a few complaints about the weight there were no consistently reported negatives. It did receive a small number of negative reviews all of which were about different issues such as slow delivery, one with a defective jack, and one who simply didn't like the tone at all.
If you want a big, powerful, stereo amp for keyboards then this is your best option for a second hand amp, however if you're looking for a new amp then please see our recommendations in our guide to The Best Keyboard Amps.