Roland Octa Capture 12-Channel USB Audio Interface - 8 Analog Inputs
Gearank High Notes
The Octa Capture appeared on our recommended list for USB Audio Interfaces from when we published the first edition in November 2016 until October 2020.
The Octa Capture audio interface is true to its name, having eight combo XLR/TRS inputs with 8 Roland designed VS preamps that direct the signal to its 24-bit/192kHZ AD/DA converters.
The VS preamps are designed to deliver increased headroom and dynamic range while keeping noise levels low, making it applicable for louder instruments like acoustic drums, guitar cabinets and more.
The first two combo inputs are compatible with both microphones and Hi-Z sound sources.
Other features include a 40-bit DSP driven cue mixing feature, built-in reverb, and Roland's Auto-Sens technology which automatically sets the ideal input levels, to make setting up this 8-channel interface more convenient and novice-friendly.
If you are looking to expand your recording capabilities for recording things like acoustic drums or singing groups then the Roland Octa Capture should be high on your list.
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Simultaneous I/O: 12 x 10
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS (Hi-Z) Combo, 6 x XLR/TRS Combo, 1 x S/PDIF
- Outputs: 2 x TRS, 6 x TRS, 1 x TRS Headphones, 1 x S/PDIF
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- MIDI: In/Out
- 8 x Roland VS preamps
- Internal 40-bit DSP Processing
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Auto-Sens Technology and low latency monitoring
- Bundled Software: Ableton Live Lite
Top Rated Budget Audio Interfaces