Roland TD-11K-S V-Compact Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
At the core of this kit is Roland's SuperNATURAL sound engine, which gives it the same realism and sound quality as more expensive units.
And you're not getting just one good set of sounds, because the Drum Module lets you choose from a wide variety of drum kits and sounds. If that's not enough, you can also adjust the sound to your liking.
Students will appreciate the built-in Coach Function, recording and other practice friendly features.
For playability, the TD-11K features dual trigger pads, which include the mesh snare and rubber toms. The cymbals also have two triggers, and they can be choked.
Finally, this kit is mounted on Roland's compact MDS-4V drum stand, which is ideal for small spaces.
- Snare: PDX-100 (2-trigger 8" Mesh Pad)
- Toms: 3 x PD-8 (2-trigger 8.5" Rubber)
- Cymbals: 2 x CY-8 (2-trigger 12" Rubber with Choke)
- Hi-Hat: CY-5 (2-trigger 9.5" Rubber with Choke) and FD-8 Controller
- Kick Pad: KD-9 (Kick Pedal Not Included but you can use any standard kick pedal)
- Drum Stand: MDS-4V
- Drum Module: Roland TD-11 with 10 Trigger Inputs
- Module Sounds: 50 Drum Kits, 190 Instrument Samples
- Extra Features: Coach, Metronome, Recording
- Module Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (mix in), 1 x 1/4" (crash 2 trigger)
- Module Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS (main out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones), MIDI Out
- USB: 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Dimensions: 47.25" x 43.31" x 49.25"
- Weight: 47.40 lbs.
The quality differences between the Roland TD-11K and its competition are very evident to many reviewers, pointing to its playing feel and realism as its advantage. Sound quality along with the drum module's versatility get a lot of positive mentions. A good number of drummers are very happy with its adjustable design, which allows for a more personalized positioning of each pad.
While retailers and Roland itself made it clear that this kit does not come with a kick pedal, some users still find this lack to be annoying. A few others are not too happy with the feel of the rubber toms, but still find the overall playability to be a positive experience.
Although we used to recommend this kit, it is difficult to find in stores these days. For alternatives take a look at our guide to The Highest Rated Electronic Drum Sets Under $1000.