Roland TD-11KV V-Compact Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
The Roland TD-11KV is an upgraded version of the TD-11K, replacing the rubber toms with premium mesh pads.
One tom is the same as the 8" mesh snare, while the other two toms are slightly smaller at 6.5" but also feature mesh pads.
This makes the playing feel more consistent as you hit the snare and the different toms.
The cymbals are also bigger, having a 12" crash cymbal with two triggers and choke, and a 13" ride with three triggers.
Other features of the drum kit are similar to the TD-11K, including the TD-11 Drum Module which houses the company's SuperNATURAL sound engine, 50 drum kits and multiple instrument samples.
Student friendly features are also retained, making this a more realistic playing electronic drum kit that will help students of the instrument.
- Snare: PDX-8 (2-trigger 8" Mesh Pad)
- Toms: PDX-8 (2-trigger 8" Mesh Pad), 2 x PDX-6 (2-trigger 6.5" Mesh Pad)
- Cymbals: CY-12C (2-trigger 12" with Choke), CY-13R (3-trigger 13")
- Hi-Hat: CY-5 (2-trigger 9.5" Rubber with Choke) and FD-8 Controller
- Kick Pad: KD-9 (Kick Pedal Not Included but you can use any standard kick pedal)
- Drum Stand: MDS-4V
- Drum Module: Roland TD-11 with 10 Trigger Inputs
- Module Sounds: 50 Drum Kits, 190 Instrument Samples
- Extra Features: Coach, Metronome, Recording
- Module Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (mix in), 1 x 1/4" (crash 2 trigger)
- Module Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS (main out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones), MIDI Out
- USB: 1 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Dimensions: 47.25" x 43.31" x 49.25"
- Weight: 48.56 lbs.
The word "awesome" is a good one-word summary of how most users felt about the TD-11KV, most of which are impressed by its playability, thanks to the all-mesh pads. Experienced drummers appreciate the ability to tighten/loosen the mesh heads to get as close as possible to the bounce and feel that they prefer. The ability to tweak the kit's sound and sensitivity are also prominently mentioned, along with its overall build quality.
While it does have a lot of kits already built-in, some users still wish for more sound options. The need to get a separate kick pedal riles up a few users.
Although the Roland TD-11KV was previously on our recommended list, it is no longer available. For alternatives take a look at our guide to The Highest Rated Electronic Drum Sets Under $1000.