Samson C02 Stereo Pair Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphones
The Samson C02 Stereo Pair Condenser Microphones are engineered with versatility in mind. They’re intended to record a variety of different instruments well, spanning everything from breathy vocals to loud and crashing cymbals.
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Super Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV/Pa (10mv/Pa)
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB (THD≤ 0.5% 1000 Hz)
- Dynamic Range: 112 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 22 dB (A weighted IEC/DIN 651)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power
- Connection Material: Gold Plated
- Weight: 6.7oz (170g)
- Extras: Carrying Case & Shock-Mount Mic Clips
The Samson C02 Stereo Pair features a cardioid polar pattern. Basically, this means that it’s going to capture sound in a very narrow area in the front of the mic. The microphones also have a very wide frequency response, making them a great fit if you’re looking to get really rich and warm recordings on a variety of different instruments.
The only thing you need to be aware of with these mics is that they do require phantom power, so before you buy them make sure your recording interface supports this.
If you'd like to see which stereo pairs of condenser mics we currently recommend, then take a look at our guide to Overhead Mics for Drums, Vocals and More.