Samson Concert 99 Wireless Guitar System
At the core of this wireless system is the feature packed CR99 receiver, which comes in a compact table top friendly form factor that can be rackmounted via the included mounting kit.
With its Group Scan feature, the receiver can pick the best frequencies to operate with. This pairs well with the IR Sync function, which wirelessly synchronizes the system.
The Transmitter comes with variable gain in case you want to tame or boost the signal. Finally, auto-mute stops unwanted noise in case the transmitter is out of range or is turned off.
- Transmitter: CB99 Beltpack
- Battery: 2 x AA (Up to 8 Hours)
- Guitar Cable: GC32 with Locking Connector
- Dimensions: 3.7" x 2.4" x 0.7"
- Weight: 0.2 lbs.
- Receiver: CR99 Rackmount (0.5U Half Rack)
- Antenna: Detachable
- Operating Range: 300 ft. Line-of-sight
- Frequency Range: Multi-Band UHF
- Output: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 7.8" x 1.6"
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Features: Group Scan, IR Sync, Variable Gain, 1-Touch Mute
Many reviewers consider the Samson Concert 99 as the best when it comes to value for money. Reliability came up a number of times, surprising many users who found that the system felt more solid than other expensive systems. Guitarists and technicians alike found the LCD display and interface to be very intuitive, making setup painless and hassle free. Finally, many reported on the Concert 99's impeccable clarity and sound quality.
No consistently reported complaint was mentioned, other than a few users who wanted an updated version that operates within the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
Although it seems like a reasonable system, it's not currently on our recommended list - you can see our recommended wireless systems for guitar here.