Samson Concert 99 Handheld Wireless Microphone System
The Concert 99 appeared on our recommended list for Microphone Systems With 1 Mic from June 2017 until March 2018 when it was out-ranked by other systems.
Companies like Samson make it possible for musicians to enjoy quality gear at lower price points. Case in point is the Samson Concert 99 which is an affordable wireless microphone system that comes packed with features.
Most notable of which is its IR Sync and Group scan function, which allows for easy setup of up to 8 systems in one band - more than enough for the needs of most stages and events.
The handheld transmitter comes equipped with Samson's Q8 dynamic mic capsule and runs on 2 x AA batteries that provide up to 8 hours of operation. Other features include 1-touch mute and variable gain.
We were recommending the Samson Concert 99 Wireless Mic until March 2018 however when we performed a major review of the category we found that it's ratings had slipped while other systems had gone up and so it came off our recommended list.
- Mic frequency response: 50Hz to 15kHz
- Receiver frequency: UHF 542MHz - 566MHz
- Range: Up to 300 feet / 100m (Line of Sight)
- One XLR output and one 1/4" TRS Mixed output
- Transmitter Battery: 2 x AA (Up to 8 Hours)
- IR sync function with Up to 8 Systems running per channel
- Rack mountable