Samson Go Mic Portable USB Condenser Microphone
If you're looking for a portable multi-purpose condenser mic then the Samson Go Mic may just be what you need.
It features a compact profile that can easily fit into pockets for transport, clip on laptops/tablets for mobile use, or stand on a desk for home recording.
It houses a small 10mm diaphragm condenser with switchable polar patterns (omni and cardioid), making it viable for solo vocal/instrument recording or for group/multi-instrument recordings.
Other features include a frequency response of 80Hz-18kHz (Cardioid), 20Hz-20kHz (Omni), and a max SPL or 121 dB.
- Portable USB condenser microphone
- Mac and PC compatible, no drivers required
- Custom, compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk
- Perfect for recording music, podcasting and field recording, voice recognition software, iChat, VoIP and web casting
- Switchable cardiod or omnidirectional pickup patterns
- 16-bit, 44.1kHz resolution
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz–18kHz
- Stereo 1/8" headphone output for no latency monitoring
- Includes USB cable, cable clip and carry case
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase
Excellent and fantastic are just two of the many positive adjectives that are used to describe the Samson Go Mic. Most of the reviewers are happy with its balance of portability, sound quality and value for money. It works excellently as a podcast/voice-over/dictation software mic, but it is also receiving a lot of thumbs up for how it handles singing and even acoustic instruments. Its intuitive design is also mentioned as one of its strengths.
There were some users who noted that the mic is sensitive to wind noise and popping sounds, thankfully, these are issues that can be dealt with depending on the situation.
Portability and great sound quality is a hard combination to achieve, but the Samson Go Mic goes a step further and adds affordability to the equation. You can see it on our recommended list for The Best Cheap Microphones Under $50.