Samson Meteorite Desktop Condenser USB Microphone
The Meteorite is Samson's take on the ball shape desktop microphone trend, the main difference being its removable magnetic base which helps secure the mic for easier positioning.
This compact ball houses a 14mm diaphragm USB condenser microphone, with a frequency response of 20Hz–20kHz and sample rate of 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz - ideal for capturing the human voice and musical instruments.
It has a cardioid pickup pattern which is a bit wide, which means that sound coming from the sides of the mic also captured.
- 14mm diaphragm USB condenser microphone
- Perfect for high-quality recording in desktop and home studio environments
- Ultra-clear voice capture for Skype, FaceTime and voice recognition software applications
- Plugs directly into any computer with a USB input, no driver installation required
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio software
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz–20kHz
- Integrated USB cable
- iPad and USB bus powered
- Chrome-plated body
- Removable magnetic base for optimal desktop positioning
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase
One user summarizes market reception nicely by saying that the Samson Meteorite Mic offers great quality in a small package. The way it sits securely on desks also endeared it to many. Easy plug-and-play setup and compatibility with different programs including music production software also get a lot of commendation.
There are a few users who are not happy with background noise issues. While others found the mic a little too small for their taste.
If you're looking for a budget USB compact condenser mic then there are more highly rated options available which you'll find in our guide to The Highest Rated Mics Under $50..