Schecter Keith Merrow KM-7 MK-III Artist 7 String Electric Guitar
We first published a rating for the Keith Merrow KM-7 MK-III in August 2020 however it has yet to appear on any of our recommended lists.
Signature instruments tend to have specifications that are niche and unique to the person it's named after.
The Schecter Keith Merrow KM-7 MK-III Artist is a signature guitar that's filled with top-tier specifications while still appealing to a broad (but still metal-oriented) audience.
The neck profile isn't as thin as other brands but is profiled to fit the hand very comfortably while having enough mass for added sustain. Don't let it put you off when you read that it's "thicker". It -feels- thin for many users.
Its comparatively low weight at just over 7 lbs is a plus for guitarists who tend to move around on stage a lot or just want something that won't leave welts on their thighs while playing at home.
The guitar is also available in a left-handed version which is rare for seven regular guitars.
The Keith Merrow KM-7 MK-III Artist is a signature guitar that doesn't feel like it's made for one person.
A lot of people noted that the guitar simply looks, feels and sounds great for metal and if you're looking for a great metal axe at this price point, the KM-7 MK-III Artist is an good pick. It's also a great pick for left-handed players!
- Body: Swamp Ash with Poplar Burl Veneer top
- Finish: Trans Black Burst, Blue Crimson
- Bridge: Hipshot 7-string with String-thru-body
- Pickups: Fishman Fluence Keith Merrow Custom Humbucker (Neck and Bridge)
- Neck: 9-piece Wenge/Maple/Purpleheart, Custom KM neck profile
- Scale Length: 26.5"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" compound ”
- Frets: 24 Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.889" Ernie Ball Compensated Nut”
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 3-way mini-switch (pickup voice selection)
- Pickup Selector: 3-way toggle pickup switch