Sennheiser e945 Dynamic Supercardioid Handheld Microphone
- Metal construction: Rugged and reliable
- Shock-mounted capsule: Low sensitivity to impact and handling noise
- Supercardioid pickup pattern: Insulation from other on-stage signals
- Hum compensating coil: Reduces electrical interference
- Neodymium ferrous magnet with boron: Keeps microphone stable regardless of climate
- Made in Germany
- Supplied Accessories
- 1 Protective pouch
- 1 MZQ 800 microphone clip
From "The Best Live Vocal Mics" guide
The Sennheiser e945 has a hum compensating coil to reduce electrical interference and is shock mounted to reduce handling noise.
This is an excellent mic for beginners because being dynamic you don't have to worry about phantom power, it's very good at feedback rejection, and it doesn't have an exaggerated proximity effect like some dynamic mics have - all these things make it easy to use.
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 18kHz
- Impedance: 350 Ohms with the minimum terminating impedance recommended to be 1000 Ohms.
- Applications: Live singing and home recording
- Power Requirements: None
Customer reviews consistently mention how clear the sound is. Many also attest to its versatility because you can also use it for miking instruments and even amplifiers. The build quality and its ruggedness also came up many times in reviews and comments.
There weren't any consistent complaints other than a few people who were used to the SM58 who had difficulty finding the correct EQ settings when they changed over to this one.
The Sennheiser e945 is German designed and built to high standards. If you want a high quality microphone that's easy to use then this is one of the most suitable options for you.
Sennheiser e945 Frequency Response Chart:
Sennheiser e945 Polar Pattern Chart: