Shure KSM141 Stereo Pair Omnidirectional / Cardioid Condenser Microphones
Designed for both studio and live use, each KSM141 mic has switchable polar patterns (Cardioid and Omni), and High Pass Filters.
They also feature permanently biased transducers and transformerless Class-A output circuitry.
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz with 15 Hz, 6 dB/Octave and 80 Hz, 18 dB/Octave HPFs
- Sensitivity: -37 dB at 1 kHz
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 145 dB SPL with -15 dB and -25 dB Pads
- Dynamic Range:131 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB (A weighted)
- Power Requirements: 48 V ± 4 V
- Connection Material: Gold Plated
- Weight:5.5 oz / 156 g
- Extras: 1 x Carrying Case, 2 x microphone clips, 2 x foam wind screens, A27M stereo stand adapter. (Retailer dependent)
Users place great confidence in their roadworthiness and sound quality. Being able to withstand tours means they can be a longtime fixture in studios. Speaking more on sound quality, reviewers love the transparency of the pair especially for warmer, natural sounding drums. They work best for capturing vintage cymbals. Aside from drums, other users note that the mics sound great with acoustic guitar as well. adding to its versatility.
Frequency response may actually work against brighter and more sibilant rock oriented cymbals. Whether this is a true negative will also depend on stylistic choices.
This is a versatile pair of condenser mics that many users find work great with vintage drums. As a bonus, they sound great with acoustic guitar as well. With modern drum sounds however, may be a hit or a miss depending on your engineering choices.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Overhead Mics - Matched Pairs.