Simmons DA200S Drum Amplifier (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2017.03: Highest Rated Drum Amplifier
- Output Power: 50 Watts /8 Ohms (x2)
50 Watts/4 Ohms (x2); Midrange Internal Speakers (Stereo)
100 Watts/8 Ohms (x1); Subwoofer Internal Speaker (Mono)
500 mWatts/32 Ohms (x2)
- Number of Channels: 2
- Inputs: 2 Drum Inputs: 1/4" input jacks (mono and stereo), 1 Aux Input: 1/4" stereo, 1 Line Input: 1/8" stereo
- Outputs: 2 XLR Balanced Line outputs, Headphone Jack: 1/8" stereo, Extension Speaker jacks
- Speakers: 12” (305 mm) Woofer, 2 x 6.5” (165 mm) Midrange, 2 x 2.5“ (64 mm) Tweeter
- Tone Control: 3-band EQ
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
- Size: 17 3/4” x 16 1/2” x 20"
- Weight: 57 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years
The DA200S appeared on our recommended list for Electronic Drum Amps from March 2017 until March 2018.
The Simmons DA200S is designed to provide the best quality of sounds for electronic drum sets.
It is equipped with two 50-watt speakers including heavy-duty mid-range speakers for punchy mids and high-frequency tweeters for cymbal clarity. It also includes a 100-watt down-firing subwoofer for enhanced bass response.
In terms of portability and ease of use, this drum amplifier has soft touch knobs that are adjustable with drum sticks as well as a ribbed handle for ease of transportation.
Its protective durable carpet covering and heavy-weight steel grille gives it a sense of sturdiness.
Its built in ground lift switch is used to eliminate noises that may exist when a ground loop is created between the PA system and stage gear.
Many users have tried using this amplifier with other instruments, such as bass guitars (NB you would need active pickups or a bass preamp to do this), and have acquired great sounding results.
The controls of this amplifier are easy to use in which the EQ bands can be adjusted independently.
Its fit for small venues and can be plugged into a PA when used in bigger venues.
This amplifier is a good option if you can find one for sale and you need an amp that can be used for rehearsing with a full band or playing small venues while not putting it through the PA system.
To see which drum amps we currently recommend please read our guide to The Best Electronic Drum Amps.