Squier Affinity Series Telecaster (SS) - Rosewood Fingerboard - Solidbody 6 String Electric Guitar (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2019.04: Highest Rated Solely Single Coil Equipped Solidbody Electric Guitar Under $200
- 2017.11: Highest Rated Solidbody Electric Guitar Under $200
- 2016.08: Highest Rated Solidbody Electric Guitar Under $200
The Squier Affinity Series Telecaster (SS) appeared on our recommended list for Solidbody Electric Guitars Under $200 from August 2016 until February 2020.
The Telecaster is the guitar that effectively started the solid-body electric guitar revolution.
During the 1930s and 1940s several companies tried to produce a solid-body electric but none of them were commercially successful. Then Leo Fender released his design in 1950 with a single pickup under the name Esquire, then added a second pickup and sold it under the name Broadcaster but soon had to change it due to a lawsuit from Gretsch who were already selling a drum kit using that name. Thus the "Tele" as we know it today was born.
This was once the highest rated telecaster style guitar under $200 but the price went up to more than $200 in 2020.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Lake Placid Blue / Polyurethane (pictured), also comes in Brown Sunburst, Gun Metal Gray, 2-Color Sunburst, Black and Arctic White
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Top-Load Tele
- Pickups: 2 x Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele
- Neck: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1.6” (40.6 mm)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Here is a video showing the range of tones you can get from a Squier Affinity Series Telecaster:
And for some extra fun here are the Rolling Stones with Keith Richards playing his Fender Tele: