Squier Bullet Strat (SSS) 6 String Electric Guitar (Discontinued)
- Beginner Electric Guitars
- Electric Guitars Under $200
- Electric Guitars Under $500
- Electric Travel Guitars
- DIY Electric Guitar Kits
- All-Time Best Electric Guitars
Squier Bullet Strat
The Stratocaster, AKA 'The Strat', is almost certainly the highest selling electric guitar design of all time having first been released in 1954.
The list of famous Stratocaster players is almost endless, but it includes some of the greatest of all time including Jimi Hendrix and Dave Gilmour from Pink Floyd
The Squier Bullet Strat is the lowest cost entry point into the world of Stratocasters but there is also a slightly higher spec'd version with a street price of $199.99 that you might like to check out called the Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster (SSS).
- Body: Basswood
- Finish: Brown Sunburst / Polyurethane (pictured), also comes in Black, Fiesta Red, Pink or Arctic White
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickups: 3 x Standard Single-Coil Strat
- Neck: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Selector: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
This guitar is still consistently commended for its excellent value, thanks to its inherent versatility, which allows for 5 different tones via the pickup selector. It continues to get recommendations from experienced players, including those who want to try guitar modifications.
The tremolo bar (aka whammy bar) and tuners got some flak from users who reported having tuning stability issues, but this happens with most guitars in this price range. As expected from something that's cheap and popular, there are some users who unfairly compare this guitar to more expensive models.
It's very hard to find one available in shops these days, so if you're looking for an alternative then check out our guide to Solidbody Electric Guitars Under $200.
Here is Eric Clapton playing the riff and solo on a Fender Stratocaster: