Squier Bullet Strat (SSS) 6 String Electric Guitar (Discontinued)
The Squier Bullet Strat appeared on our recommended list for Solidbody Electric Guitars Under $200 from August 2016 until April 2019.
The Stratocaster, AKA 'The Strat', is almost certainly the highest selling electric guitar design of all time having first been released in 1954.
The list of famous Stratocaster players is almost endless, but it includes some of the greatest of all time including Jimi Hendrix and Dave Gilmour from Pink Floyd
The Squier Bullet Strat is the lowest cost entry point into the world of Stratocasters but there is also a slightly higher spec'd version with a street price of $199.99 that you might like to check out called the Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster (SSS).
- Body: Basswood
- Finish: Brown Sunburst / Polyurethane (pictured), also comes in Black, Fiesta Red, Pink or Arctic White
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickups: 3 x Standard Single-Coil Strat
- Neck: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Selector: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
Here is Eric Clapton playing the riff and solo on a Fender Stratocaster: