TC Electronic Polytune 2 Pedal Tuner for Guitar & Bass (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2017.03: Highest Rated Pedal Guitar Tuner
- Tuning Accuracy: Strobe Mode 0.1± cent, Chromatic Mode 0.5± cent
- Tuning Range: A0-C8 (27.5-4186Hz) (Guitars and Bass)
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 435Hz to 445Hz
- Tuning Modes: Strobe and Chromatic (used for Polyphonic tuning), Capo, Drop D, Flat
- Display: LED display with ambient light sensor
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Power Supply: Optional power adapter
- Battery Life: No Battery Compartment
- Dimensions: 1.77" x 3.66" x 2.01"
- Weight: 5.76 ounces (163 g)
The Polytune 2 Pedal appeared on our recommended list for Pedal Tuners from when we published the first edition in March 2017 until April 2019 when it was removed due to a lack of availability.
Pedalboard space is an ever dwindling resource for many guitarists, prompting many manufacturers to produce compact versions of their popular pedals. The TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini is one such pedal, a compact version of the Polytune 2, with no battery power option.
Like its bigger sibling, this pedal allows for polyphonic (multi-note) tuning, in addition to conventional chromatic tuning. It also features a Stroboscopic mode that allows for even more tuning accuracy, down to ±0.1 cent.
Finally, this compact pedal comes with a smart LED display with ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts brightness.