TC Electronic Polytune 2 Pedal Tuner for Guitar & Bass (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- March 2017: Highest Rated Pedal Guitar Tuner
Pedalboard space is an ever dwindling resource for many guitarists, prompting many manufacturers to produce compact versions of their popular pedals. The TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini is one such pedal, a compact version of the Polytune 2, with no battery power option.
Like its bigger sibling, this pedal allows for polyphonic (multi-note) tuning, in addition to conventional chromatic tuning. It also features a Stroboscopic mode that allows for even more tuning accuracy, down to ±0.1 cent.
Finally, this compact pedal comes with a smart LED display with ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts brightness.
- Tuning Accuracy: Strobe Mode 0.1± cent, Chromatic Mode 0.5± cent
- Tuning Range: A0-C8 (27.5-4186Hz) (Guitars and Bass)
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 435Hz to 445Hz
- Tuning Modes: Strobe and Chromatic (used for Polyphonic tuning), Capo, Drop D, Flat
- Display: LED display with ambient light sensor
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Power Supply: Optional power adapter
- Battery Life: No Battery Compartment
- Dimensions: 1.77" x 3.66" x 2.01"
- Weight: 5.76 ounces (163 g)
The TC Electronic Polytune 2 Mini gets a lot of high ratings from guitarists who are happy with its great balance of size, quality and prize. As expected, most users get this pedal for its compact size, but they end up being just as impressed with its accuracy and bright display. Even bassists have mostly good things to say about this tuner pedal, stating that it does the job really well considering its size. Premiere Guitar's Jordan Wagner goes straight to the point in his review of the pedal, he said: "To put it simply, the PolyTune Mini is one of the best tuners on the market, period."
There are a few who wish that the price point was lower, while others were not too happy with the always on MonoPoly mode, which often times triggers the polyphonic mode when trying to tune on stage with other musicians.
It's no longer widely available in stores these days so a good alternative is the very highly rated Boss TU-3.