Vox AV15 Analog Guitar Modeling Combo Amp 15W (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
The AV15 appeared on our recommended list for Guitar Practice Amps from October 2019 until July 2020.
It also appeared on our list for Modeling Amps from April 2020 until July 2020 when it was removed due to a lack of availability.
Additionally it was on our list for Guitar Amps Under $300 from April 2020 until July 2020.
The Vox AV15 is a hybrid tube/analog modeling amp with a 12AX7 tube in the preamp stage.
Vox describes the "models" as analog preamp circuits that are based on classic amps like their very own iconic AC15 and AC30, but it also features other popular American and British amps to expand its drive selection to cover high-gain tones.
Basic tone shaping controls include gain and 3-band EQ, while advanced tone control is provided by the Bright and Fat switches, a Bias switch (for toggling tube response) and a Reactor switch for toggling amp damping.
Also noteworthy is its power level control, which can be used to achieve cranked tones at lower volumes - making this versatile amp truly practice friendly. Finally, it also comes with essential reverb, chorus and delay effects.
If you're looking for a versatile practice amp with tube quality, and you can still find one second hand, then this should be high on your list.
- Power Rating: 15-Watts (with 12AX7 Tube Preamp)
- Speaker Size: 8”
- Models: 8 (Analog) Preamp Models
- Effects: Reverb, Delay, Modulation
- Controls: Preamp Circuit Selector, Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume, Power Level, Effects, Bright, Fat, Bias and Reactor
- Input/Output: 1/4" and 1/8" (Aux) Input / 1.8" (Headphones) Output
- Extras: Analog Preamp Circuits with 12AX7 tube
- Weight: 16.9 lbs