Warm Audio WA-251 Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
Submitted by Raphael Pulgar on Feb. 25, 2020..
Gearank High Notes
- 2022.06: Highest Rated Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic Under $1000
- 2021.04: Highest Rated Large-Diaphragm Condenser Mic Under $1000
- Type: Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-8
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Max SPL: 132dB SPL
- Applications: Recording vocals, percussions, drums and acoustic instruments
- Power Requirements:Warm Audio External Power Supply (included)
With vintage and reissues often exceeding the $9000 mark, users were happy to have access to something close to these examples with the WA-251.
Even engineers that owned the originals note that while the WA-251 sounds different, it captures the vibe and the sweetness that comes from the originals very well.
Some vintage examples sound great on their own but don't mix well with modern music; owners of these vintage examples mentioned that the WA-251 fits modern mixes better while still retaining the rich midrange harmonic the original units are known for.
Some users mentioned the shock mount included with the mic felt cheap compared to the unit itself.
Others that have the originals felt the WA-251 still lacking compared to them.
|ProTools Expert||James Ivey||94/100|
*Displayed values are prior to the Gearank Algorithm's adjustments it makes when evaluating the source.