Yamaha CP300 88-key Stage Piano
Along with Yamaha's signature graded hammer action keybed, the CP300 provides a resistant effect on keys similar to playing an acoustic piano.
This stage piano has a built-in speaker system that's great to use for practice or monitoring sounds at gigs.
It also includes a 16-track song recorder/player for playback or creating songs, and a 2-part layer and split function that enables you to play different voices on each hand.
- Keys: 88, Weighted
- Polyphony: 128
- Effects: 5 Effects (Reverb, Chorus, Master Compressor, Master EQ, Insertion Effect)
- Sequencer: 16-track recording/playback,
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Modulation, Master Equalizer Slider, Zone Control Slider, Song Volume Slider, Master Volume Dial
- Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4" TS Line-in
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TS Line-out, 2 x XLR Output, 1 x 1/4" Headphone out
- Other Connectivity 1 x 1/4" Pedal Input, MIDI In/ Out / Thru, USB
- Dimension: 54.75" x 6.75" x 18.25"
- Weight: 71.7 lbs
A lot of gigging musicians were impressed by its tone quality and configuration settings, most of them mentioning its piano patches and feel are close to playing a real piano. Many of them also were very satisfied with its onboard EQ sliders, allowing them to mix and balance out their sound when playing live. The internal speakers were useful for home users whenever they use it for piano practicing. Its rugged and sturdy build quality makes it great for taking on the road since it won't break easily.
Since it has a lot of weight to it because of its rugged build, some musicians find it an issue when carrying it around. In this case, some of them don't really have a problem with this and tend to invest in a hard case with wheels or have two people carry it when taking it on the road.
If you are a touring musician who is looking for a stage piano for that's ideal to use for both gigs and something for practicing at home, this is a great unit.