Yamaha DBR12 12" Powered PA Speaker
The DBR12 appeared on our recommended list for Powered PA Speakers from August 2019 until October 2020 when it was removed due to being out-ranked by other speakers.
With its 131dB SPL and 12" woofer, the Yamaha DBR12 has enough projection and low-end for competent FOH use. But since it has Yamaha's clarity and built-in EQ capabilities via the D-Contour switch, it continues to be highly rated for being a good monitor speaker as well.
It operates similar to the smaller DBR10, but with a slightly bigger profile that allows for a bit more bass frequency emphasis.
It sports a 12" woofer with a max SPL of 131dB that makes it loud enough for small to medium size venues.
And if you need to add a subwoofer for more low-end, the DBR12 has a highpass to make integration easier.
You can also use the Yamaha DBR12 as a standalone compact PA system with its built-in mixer functionality.
If you're looking for a reliable and loud (yet still portable) stage monitor or FOH speaker, then consider the Yamaha DBR12.
- LF Driver: 12" LF Driver, 2" Voice Coil
- HF Driver: 1/4" Voice Coil
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Peak: 1000W (800W LF | 200W HF
- Output Power RMS: : 465W (400W LF, 65W HF)
- Frequency Response: 52Hz - 20kHz(-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 52Hz-20kHz (-10dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 131dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2.1kHz: FIR-X tuning™ (linear phase FIR filter)z
- Enclosure: Composite Polypropylene
- Mounting: Pole, Floor Wedge, Fly
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS Combo (Mic/Line), 1 x Stereo
- Outputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS
- Controls: Power Switch, Volume Knob, Flat/Boost Button, Line/Mic Button
- Dimensions: 23.7" × 14.8" × 13.7"
- Weight: 34.8 lbs.