Yamaha DSR115 Powered Speaker 1300W 15" (Discontinued)
The Yamaha DSR115 is a powered active speaker that's meant to handle bigger venues with its 1500W (Dynamic) power rating, 15" woofer and 2" tweeter.
And since it has big woofers, it can reproduce deep low-end frequencies without any problems, and you don't have to worry about overloading the speaker because it comes with built-in DSP limiter.
Speaking of DSP, it comes with Yamaha's D-Contour technology, which constantly monitors and adjusts frequencies for optimal sound quality. This allows the DSR115 to sound good regardless of volume level.
Finally, it is housed in coated wood enclosure, which provides solid protection, at the cost of being quite heavy.
- LF Driver: 15" Cone, 3" Voice-Coil
- HF Driver: 2" Titanium Diaphragm Compression
- Amplifier: Bi-amplified Class D
- Output Power Dynamic: 1500W (1080W LF, 480W HF)
- Output Power Continuous: : 1300W (850W LF, 450W HF)
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20kHz (-10dB) | 55Hz - 18kHz (-3dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 136dB
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7kHz
- Enclosure: Line-X Coated Wood
- Mounting: Pole, Floor Wedge
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Controls: LEVEL control, MIC/LINE switch, HPF switch, D-CONTOUR switch, FRONT LED DISABLE switch, POWER switch
- Dimensions: 29.75" × 16.6" × 17.4"
- Weight: 61 lbs.
Excellent and awesome are just two of the many positive adjectives that have been used to describe the Yamaha DSR115. Most of its high ratings are attributed to its low-end punch and overall volume, while others also appreciate its clarity. Reliability is also one of its strong points, as attested to by users who reported using the speakers for extended periods without any problems.
Aside from its expected bulk and weight, we didn't find any stand-out concerns that should be mentioned here.
All in all, the Yamaha DSR115 is a true workhorse powered speaker, ideal for use in medium to big venues. Although it has quite high ratings, there are even more highly rated options that you'll find in our guide to The Best Powered PA Speakers.