Yamaha DTX532K Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- 2020.04: Equal Highest Rated Electronic Drum Set Under $1000
- 2017.03: Equal Highest Rated Electronic Drum Set between $1000 and $2000
- Snare: XP80 (Three-Zone 8" Textured Cellular Silicone)
- Toms: 3 x TP70 (7.5" Single-Zone Rubber Pad)
- Cymbals: 2 x PCY135 (13" Three-Zone with Choke)
- Hi-Hat: RHH135 (13" Two-Zone) with HS650A Pedal Stand
- Kick Pad: KP65 (Kick Pedal Not Included)
- Drum Stand: RS502 Rack
- Drum Module: DTX502 with 12 Trigger Inputs
- Module Sounds: 50 Drum Kits, 128 Instruments, Effects (Reverb, Master EQ)
- Extra Features: Groove Tools, Practice Score Generation, Metronome
- Module Inputs: 1 x 1/8" stereo
- Module Outputs: 2 x TS, 1 x 1/4" headphone
- USB: Import Drum Sound Samples
- Power Supply: Power adaptor (PA-130)
- Dimensions: 48" x 17" x 12"
- Weight: 41.7 lbs.
The first appeared on our recommended list for Electronic Drum Sets from March 2017 until March 2018 when it had been out-ranked by other models.
Then in April 2020 it had high enough ratings to go on our recommended list for Electronic Drum Sets Under $1000 where it remained until being removed in November 2020 due to a lack of availability.
As the price of electronic drum sets go up, their design and playbality more closely resemble that of acoustic drum kits.
And this is true with the Yamaha DTX532K, with its true to form hi-hat complete with mechanical style stand and foot controller.
But it's not just about looks because this kit comes with fancy features, including having a three-zone snare and cymbals, which allow for more expression.
And the snare comes with Yamaha's TCS (textured cellular silicone) material, which they designed to improve trigger sensitivity while reducing acoustic noise.
One drawback is its toms are only single zone.
At this price, you can expect quite a lot of sound samples from the module, and the DTX532K delivers nicely in this regard with 50 kits and over 100 percussion sounds to choose from.
It even has a training feature which keeps track of your learning progress.
With its big brand backing, great overall quality, and high market ratings, the Yamaha DTX532K is easily a good buy in this price range.
This is part of Yamaha's DTX502 Series which has been discontinued. To see our current recommendations go to our guide: The Best Electronic Drum Sets Under $1000.