Yamaha DXS12 12" 600W Powered Subwoofer (Discontinued)
The DXS12 appeared on our recommended list for PA Subwoofers in 2 consecutive editions from May 2016 until September 2018 when it was removed due to being discontinued.
Yamaha DXS12 Overview
This 12" subwoofer from Yamaha uses their built in D-XSUB low frequency processing technology, which they say produces a stronger bottom end than you would expect from a 12" driver.
With its relatively smaller woofer and 600W RMS power rating, this subwoofer reproduces more sonic detail at the cost of losing some ultra low thump.
Unfortunately it's hard to find new at stores so we recommend other options in our guide to The Best PA Subwoofers.
- Frequency Response: 47 Hz to 160 Hz (-10 dB)
- Crossover: Not specified
- Max SPL: 131 dB
- Power Rating: 600 Watts RMS Continuous - 950 Watts Peak
- Drivers: 12" cone + 2.5" voice coil
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Polarity: Normal / Reverse
- Enclosure Material: Wood
- Dimensions: 15.6" x 22.1" x 23.4"
- Weight: 72.8 lb (33 kg)