Yamaha DXS15 15" 600W Powered Subwoofer (Discontinued)
The DXS15 is similar to the DXS12 above but with a larger 15" main driver which allows it to move a bit more air and gives it a slightly higher Max SPL by 1 dB and extends the low end by 2 Hz.
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 160 Hz (-10 dB)
- Crossover: Not specified
- Max SPL: 132 dB
- Power Rating: 600 Watts RMS
- Drivers: 15" cone + 2.5" voice coil
- Input Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Output Connectors: 2 x XLR
- Polarity: Normal / Reverse
- Enclosure Material: Wood
- Dimensions: 18.9" x 24.4" x 24.5"
- Weight: 83.8 lbs (38 kg)
The vast majority of the reviews and comments were very favorable - several said they were impressed by the loudness without it being boomy.
There were no consistent negatives reported although one person said the finish can be damaged and recommended using covers.
These have been happily used by bands and DJs with a few saying these were a cost effective alternative to the more expensive QSC options.