Yamaha HS5 5" 70W Powered Studio Monitor
Gearank High Notes
- 2021.09: Equal Highest Rated Studio Monitor Under $200
- 2019.10: Equal Highest Rated Studio Monitor Under $200
- 2018.04: Equal Highest Rated Studio Monitor Under $200
The HS5 appeared on our recommended list for Studio Monitors Under $200 from April 2018 until we removed that category in February 2022.
While the smallest of the Yamaha HS series, the HS5 still puts out clear and accurate sound with its 5" woofer and 1" tweeter.
The 5" woofer stays true to the heritage of the original Yamaha NS-10 monitor speakers.
The smaller form factor also makes Yamaha's brand of sound and build quality more accessible for smaller studios and those with limited budgets.
The unit's Room Control feature is designed for calibration in small (and usually enclosed) studio spaces.
If you're looking to mix with monitors with a brutally honest upper midrange like the original Yamaha NS-10 monitors, the HS5 is for you. Look elsewhere if you want low-end punch without a subwoofer.
- Driver: 5" Woofer, 1" Tweeter
- Amplifier: 45W LF, 25W HF
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Frequency response: 54Hz - 30kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
- Enclosure: Ported
- Controls: Level, Room Control, High Trim, Power
- Dimensions: 11.2" x 6.7" x 8.7"
- Weight: 11.7 lbs.
|Audio Science Review||amirm||84/100|
|Music Radar||Electronic Musician||90/100|
Yamaha HS5 Frequency Response Chart