Yamaha Montage 6 Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard 61-Key
The Montage 6 appeared in 1 edition of our recommended list for Keyboard Workstations from February 2022 until October 2022.
The Yamaha Montage 6 is the 61-key model of Yamaha's Montage line of workstation synthesizers, packed with some of the best features that the brand has to offer.
What sets it apart from the competition is Yamaha's Motion Control Synthesis, which allows for fluid control and blending of its AWM2 and FM-X sound engines.
This feature is put to full use by a "Super Knob", which lets you apply realtime adjustments to multiple parameters. It can also be applied via Motion Sequences, where you can assign tempo-synched control sequences.
The main interface has a shorter 61-note keyboard with semi-weighted keys featuring aftertouch.
It also comes with a wide range of buttons, faders and knobs that give you more control over its recording and music production features.
It houses a powerful DSP effect engine that utilizes Yamaha's VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) to allow for a wide variety of effects from staples like HD reverb to modern Bit Crusher and more.
- Keys: 61Semi-Weighted Keys with Aftertouch
- Polyphony: 128 Note Stereo/Mono (AWM2), 128 Note FM-X
- Sound Engine(s): AWM2, FM-X, Motion Control Synthesis Engine
- Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel, Ribbon Controller
- Effects: DSP effects engine: 12 x Reverbs, 15 x Master effects, 76 x Variation types, 5-band Master EQ, 1st part 3-band EQ
- Audio Recording: Yes
- Audio Playback: Yes (Wav)
- Sequencer: 16-track, 64 songs, Performance Recorder version 2, Motion Sequencer
- Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4"
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/R), 2 x 1/4" (Assignable L/R), 1 x 1/4"(Headphones)
- MIDI Inputs/Outputs: In/Out/Thru/USB
- Other Connections: 2 x 1/4" (Foot controller), 1 x 1/4" (Assignable), 1 x 1/4" (Sustain)
- USB: 1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B (6 x 32)
- Dimensions: 5.18” x 40.81” x 15.56”
- Weight: 33.06 lbs.