Yamaha Montage7 76-key Synthesizer Workstation Keyboard
- Keys: 76 Semi-Weighted After Touch
- Polyphony: 128
- Sound Engine(s): AWM2, FM-X, Motion Control Synthesis Engine
- Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel, Ribbon Controller
- Effects: 12 x Reverbs, 15 x Master effects, 76 x Variation types, 5-band Master EQ, 1st part 3-band EQ
- Audio Recording: Real Time
- Audio Playback: Wav
- Sequencer: 16-track, 64 songs, Performance Recorder version 2, Motion Sequencer
- Audio Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/Mono, R)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/R), 2 x 1/4" (assignable L/R), 1 x 1/4" (Headphones)
- Other Connections: 2 x 1/4" (foot controller), 1 x 1/4" (assignable), 1 x 1/4" (sustain)
- MIDI Inputs/Outputs: In/Out/Thru/USB
- USB: 1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B (6 x 32)
- Dimensions:5.18” x 49” x 15.56”
- Weight: 37.5 lbs.
The Montage7 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Workstations Between $2000 and $5000 from May 2020 until February 2022 when it had been out-ranked by other workstations.
The Montage 7 is a powerful keyboard workstation that incorporates the latest DSP technology that Yamaha has in a reasonably sized unit.
At the forefront is a 76-note keybed that is aftertouch enabled and semi-weighted, while at its core are powerful sound engines that allow for a wide variety of sounds and effects.
Also worth noting is the interface, with a super knob that lets you tweak multiple parameters as you see fit, along with motion control that lets you tempo-synch control sequences to any parameter.
It has a 16-track sequencer, with 64 songs, which you can utilize either to save new musical ideas, or to improve on existing ones.
If you're looking for a power synthesizer workstation keyboard that's still reasonably portable, then this is for you.
|Sound On Sound||Gordon Reid||96/100|
|Tone Report||Saul Hudson||90/100|
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Keyboard Workstations.