Yamaha StagePas 600i Portable PA System (Discontinued)
NB: This has been superseded by the Blue Tooth version - StagePas 600BT.
Gearank High Notes
- December 2016: Equal Highest Rated Portable PA System
Like its smaller sibling, the Yamaha StagePas 600i Portable PA System combines portability with sound quality and functionality, only this one is louder and has more input options. It has a 680 Watt amplifier with a 10-channel detachable mixer all packed inside two speakers with 10" LF drivers. This configuration makes it viable for medium size venues and applicable for bands and other performances that require more inputs.
Other nifty features include 3-band EQ per channel, Master tone knob and built-in effects that include reverb. There's also a USB port for connecting smart devices and streaming audio.
- 680W Amplifier with Detachable 10-Channel Mixer
- Built-in Feedback Suppression and SPX Digital Reverb
- iPod/iPhone USB Port included
- Channels: 10
- Mic Preamps: 4 - 2 with +30 V Phantom Power
- Speakers: 2 (2 x 10" LF Drivers, 1 x 1.4" HF Drivers)
- EQ: 3-Band EQ per Channel, Master 1-knob EQ
- Input: 2 x XLR/TRS Combo, 2 x XLR (Mix), 6 x TRS, 1 x Stereo
- Output: 2 x 1/4" (Speakers), 2 x 1/4" (Monitors), 1 x TS (Subwoofer)
- Frequency Response: 55Hz-20kHz
- Speaker Dimensions (HxWxD): 21.46"x13.19"x12.56"
- Mixer Dimensions (HxWxD): 7.75"x13.70"x5.31"
- Weight: 56 lbs.
The response from reviews are still overwhelmingly positive, with most concluding that the Yamaha StagePas 600i is well worth the investment. Many were pleased with its clarity and sound quality, and the volume to be adequate for most small to medium sized venues. Even experts who are used to bigger PA systems were surprised at the quality and coverage that it can provide, considering its price and size.
In his review for Sound On Sound Paul White said, "Overall, then, and considering the modest cost of the Stagepas 600i system, there's ample power available for most small gigs, the effects are good, and you'd be hard pushed to find anything more portable or easier to set up."
There were a few users who were concerned about the plastic enclosure, that it scratches easily and does not feel as solid as they would hope. Others wished that it was bundled with speaker stands so it can really be a complete PA system as is.
While it was a good system, it has been superseded by the newer Blue Tooth version which we now recommend instead: StagePas 600BT.