Yamaha THR100H Dual Modeling Amp Head (Discontinued)
The Yamaha THR100H appeared on our recommended list for Modeling Amps in 3 editions from June 2019 until February 2021 when it was removed due to a lack of availability.
The THR100H is a 100W amp head that comes with the same amp modeling technology as Yamaha's popular THR series of amps.
There's not really much to choose from in terms of amp models, but by tweaking parameters, the five voicings that it offers can cover most tones, from classic cleans to modern high gain.
There's also the ability to select between five power tube models, which include 6V6, EL84, KT88, 6L6GC and EL34 - this opens up your tonal palette tremendously, especially when you have experience with tube amps.
Another killer feature of the THR100H is its variable power output, which lets you set the power rating to 25W, 50W and 100W.
- Power Rating: Switchable 25W/50W/100W
- Amp Models: 5 Amp Models, 5 Output Tube Models
- Effects: Reverb, Boost, Noise Gate and IR Speaker Emulation
- Controls: Amp Model, Booster, Gain, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, Reverb, Volume
- Input: 1 x 1/4"
- Output: 1 x 1/4" TS, 1 x 1/8" (headphone), 1 x XLR (Line out)
- Extra Features: Built-in Power Attenuator
- USB: Type B
- Weight: 8 lbs.