Yamaha THR10X Modeling Guitar Amplifier 10W (Discontinued)
The Yamaha THR10 series are regarded to be among the best sounding lunchbox amps available, which is surprising given the specifications.
The amp features two 3” speakers (this is according to Yamaha’s specifications for the amp), which somehow manage to avoid the thin tone normally associated with sub-8” speakers. With just 10-watts of power, this compact and relatively quiet amp is meant for hi-gain distortion (which on low to moderate setting isn’t buzzy).
- Power Rating: 10-Watts
- Speaker Size: 2x3”
- Models: Power I, Power II, Brown I, Brown II, Southern Hi, Clean, Bass, Flat
- Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Noise Gate
- Controls: Amp, Gain, Master, Bass, Middle, Treble, Effect, Delay/Reverb, Guitar (Output), USB/AUX (Output)
- Input/Output: AUX-In, Headphone-Out
- Extras: Tuner
- Weight: 6lbs
The THR10X also comes with a healthy selection of modulation effects, including: chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, reverb (spring and hall), compression, and a noise gate. The controls on the amp are pretty standard, and are as follows: amp, gain, master, bass, middle, treble, effect, delay/reverb.
The only thing to keep in mind with this amp is that it’s not a tube amp. The THR series uses emulated tube lights to give the amp the appearance of being a tube amp, but it definitely is not. This isn’t a bad thing, it’s just something to be aware of.
At time of publication, we were providing the following recommendations for the Yamaha THR10X:
- One of the Best Modeling Amps
- One of the Best Battery Powered Amps
- One of the Best Combo Amps Under $300