Dynaudio LYD 5 Powered Studio Monitor
- Driver: 5" Woofer, 1.1" Dome Tweeter
- Amplifier: 50W LF, 50W HF
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-21kHz (-10dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 5.2kHz
- Enclosure: Ported
- Controls: 3-way bass switch, 3-way sound balance, 2-way position switch, sensitivity settings
- Dimensions: 10.2" x 6.7" x 8.3"
- Weight: 12.5 lbs.lbs.
The Dynaudio LYD 5 is a small, nearfield monitor engineered for precision.
It receives the same level of engineering and attention to detail as their home and car sound systems, tweaked for the studio.
It features the same lightweight aluminum voice coils like the company's high end hi-fi systems.
Class D amplification is paired with hi-resolution signal path and DSP for a wide range of tweakability for different room types.
The Dynaudio LYD 5 is a great performer for band oriented music. With its midrange clarity and response, rock mixes translate well to other speakers.
|Sound On Sound||Phill Ward||96/100|
Although this is a well regarded model, there are more highly rated options available which you can see in our guide to The Best Studio Monitors.