Kali Audio LP-6 Mk1 6.5 inch Powered Studio Monitor (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
- September 2021: Equal Highest Rated Studio Monitor Under $200
Kali Audio is a fairly new entrant to the Studio Monitor market being founded in January 2018.
The "Lone Pine" series is their competitively-priced line, with the LP-6 being the most affordable.
It features a 6.5" Woofer and 1" Soft Dome Tweeter, both operating at 40w each.
On the back, it has an array of dip switches that can be used to fine-tune the monitor's response to the room and proximity to a wall.
- Driver: 6.5" Woofer, 1" Soft Dome Tweeter
- Amplifier: 80W Class D (HF - 40W, LF - 40W)
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA , 1 x 1/4"
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz fixed
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Controls: Dip switches for positional adjustment, HF trim, LF Trim, RCA
- Dimensions: 14.125" x 8.75" x 10.25"
- Weight: 15.54 lbs.
Kali Audio LP-6 Frequency Response Chart
Many users and expert reviews give critical acclaim to the LP-6, saying that it's one of the best value studio monitors on the market today. The tweakability from the dip switches behind each speaker is something usually seen on more expensive studio monitors.
Some users reported some hiss on their units. Comments on these reviews speculate that the hiss may be from the power source/lack of power conditioning in the room.
It took a while for Kali Audio to take off since launch and now, with more and more positive reviews coming in, it earns a spot on many reviewers' favorite picks. Get it if you want a great budget monitor with a vast amount of tweakability.
This model has been superseded - for highly rated alternatives see our guide to The Best Studio Monitors.