Kali Audio LP-6 Mk1 6.5 inch Powered Studio Monitor (Discontinued)
Gearank High Notes
The LP-6 first appeared on our recommended list for Studio Monitors in our September 2020 edition and remained there until we removed it in January 2022 due to it no longer being available new.
Note: These have been superseded by the Mk2 version.
Kali Audio is a fairly new entrant to the Studio Monitor market being founded in January 2018.
The "Lone Pine" series is their competitively-priced line, with the LP-6 being the most affordable.
It features a 6.5" Woofer and 1" Soft Dome Tweeter, both operating at 40w each.
On the back, it has an array of dip switches that can be used to fine-tune the monitor's response to the room and proximity to a wall - this is something usually seen on more expensive studio monitors.
It took a while for Kali Audio to take off since launch and now, with more and more positive reviews coming in, it has earned a spot on many reviewers' favorite picks.
Get it if you want a great budget monitor with a vast amount of tweakability.
- Driver: 6.5" Woofer, 1" Soft Dome Tweeter
- Amplifier: 80W Class D (HF - 40W, LF - 40W)
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x RCA , 1 x 1/4"
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 3 kHz fixed
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Controls: Dip switches for positional adjustment, HF trim, LF Trim, RCA
- Dimensions: 14.125" x 8.75" x 10.25"
- Weight: 15.54 lbs.