Oktava MK-012-01 MSP2 Matched Stereo Pair Condenser Microphones
The Oktava MK-012-01 MSP2 Matched Stereo Pair Condenser Microphones are a great bargain if you’re looking for a full-featured and versatile microphone for your recording studio.
The standout feature of this microphone is that Oktava uses it as a platform for modifications. Through their website you can buy different capsules to change the pickup pattern of your microphone. Essentially, this means that you can get several different microphones for a great price.
- Type: Small Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Switchable between Cardioid, Hypercardioid & Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: <10 mV/Pa (@ 1KHz), roll off from 40Hz to 20KHz: +- 3 dB
- Impedance: less than 300 ohms
- Maximum SPL: in 250-8000Hz range, (less than 0.5% THD): 130 dB
- Dynamic Range: Not specified
- Equivalent Noise Level: Not specified
- Power Requirements: 48V +- 2V Phantom Power
- Connection Material: Not specified
- Weight: 7oz (200g)
- Extras: Wood Carrying Case, Mic Clip, -10db pads
Beyond that, the base sound of the microphone is regarded to be very flat. While this may not sound like a positive, it actually is. There are times where you want a microphone to have a certain voice, and there are others where you want a microphone to reproduce a sound as closely as possible. The Oktava MK-012-01 fits into the latter category. It’s not a great mic if you’re looking to get an altered recording (say you want more warmth at the expense of a more accurate reproduction of sound), but it is great if you want to capture the tone of your instrument.