Turbosound iNSPIRE iP300 Column 600W Powered PA Speaker
|Music Player Network||Toano88||92/100|
The Turbosound iNSPIRE iP300 is a column-type speaker with 2 x 6.5" LF Drivers and 4 x 2" HF Drivers to deliver more dispersion compared to regular 2 way, bi amplified speakers.
It features controls for its mixer via bluetooth on iOS and Android and comes with an inbuilt reverb, although the reverb isn't very good but I never use reverb at the speakers anyway so that's not an issue for me.
Most 2 way speakers with just a tweeter and woofer tend to sound more muffled at lower volumes. The advantage of line arrays like this that prioritize dispersion over volume is better performance at all volumes and this produces consistently good tone right across the volume range.
Some line arrays can sound a little thin on the bottom end, but the iP300 doesn't have this issue. Don't get me wrong, this is not the speaker you want to use for a dance party DJ set, but for regular acoustic and pop style acts I don't find it lacking any bass.
If you're looking for a line array style speaker and favor dispersion and sound consistency over raw power, the iP300 is a great choice for venues and events.
- LF Driver: 2 x 6.5" low-frequency drivers
- HF Driver: 4 x 2" neodymium drivers with edge-wound aluminum voice coil
- Amplifier: Class-D
- Output Power Peak: 600W
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-20khz (-10 dB)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 124 dB SPL @ 1m
- Enclosure: Plastic enclosure
- Mounting: Pole, Floor
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo
- Outputs: 2 x XLR (link)
- Controls: Power, DSP controls.
- Dimensions: 28.1" x 8.2" x 8.5"
- Weight: 26.2 lbs.
- Mixer controls are hard to reach at the bottom of the speaker
- The built-in reverb isn't very good
- Tonal response is good both at low and high volumes
- The sound easily fills the room - the volume is adequate for acoustic and pop style performance