Yamaha DTX562K Electronic Drum Set (Discontinued)
The DTX562K was on our recommended list for Electronic Drum Sets from $1000 to $2000 from March 2017 until April 2020.
The DTX562K kits standout feature is the use of Yamaha's TCS (Textured Cellular Silicone) pads on the toms. This means that the snare and toms have a more accurate and uniform playing feel.
The cymbal set is quite big at 13", with choke capability and an interesting feature called "pre-choke" which gives you muffled cymbal sounds much like when you're gripping a cymbal as you strike.
Yamaha's DTX502 drum module allows for a wide variety of sounds with 50 drum kits and 128 instruments. It also allows for deep customization, including the ability to use your own samples.
Other features include Groove tutorial, practice scoring and advanced metronome, all of which make the stage and recording ready DTX562K just as viable for learning.
With Yamaha's reputation for quality and the DTX562K's improved features and good market reputation, this electronic drum kit is easy to recommend.
- Snare: XP80 (Three-Zone 8" Textured Cellular Silicone Pad)
- Toms: 3 x XP70 (7" Single-Zone Textured Cellular Silicone Pad)
- Cymbals: 2 x PCY135 (13" Three-Zone with Choke)
- Hi-Hat: RHH135 (13" Two-Zone) with HS650A Pedal Stand
- Kick Pad: KP65 (Kick Pedal Not Included)
- Drum Stand: RS502 Rack
- Drum Module: DTX502 with 12 Trigger Inputs
- Module Sounds: 50 Drum Kits, 128 Instruments, Effects (Reverb, Master EQ)
- Extra Features: Groove, Practice Score Generation, Metronome
- Module Inputs: 1 x 1/8" stereo
- Module Outputs: 2 x TS, 1 x 1/4" headphone
- USB: Import Drum Sound Samples
- Power Supply: Power adaptor (PA-130)
- Dimensions: 77.3" x 41.3" x 26.8"
- Weight: 41.7 lbs.