Aspen Pittman Designs Spacestation V.3 280W Active Monitor
Gearank High Notes
- November 2019: Highest Rated Keyboard Amp Under $1000
Although this is presented as an active monitor, it is also hugely popular as a keyboard amp.
What sets this apart from all the other options presented in this guide is Aspen Pittman's patented Center Point Stereo. This produces what Aspen Pittman says is "stereo everywhere from a single box". They also call it a 300 degree 3D stereo sound field.
To get a better understanding of this please watch the video below.
- Output Power: 100W RMS (Front/Side), 40W RMS (Midrange)/Tweeter.
- Number of Channels: 1 with 2 inputs for left and right.
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4".
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" for a Subwoofer.
- Speakers: 1 x 8", 1 x 6.5", 1 x 1", 1 x Tweeter.
- Tone Control: stereo width control and frequency control of mids and highs.
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Size: 18" x 11" x 11".
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Not specified.
As counter intuitive as it may seem, customer reviews repeatedly say that it really does produce a stereo effect that fills the room. Some electronic organ players even say that it has something of a rotating leslie speaker effect. Several owners are so impressed that they've bought a second one.
A small number of users have complained that the bass frequencies are not as strong as with traditional powered monitors or keyboard amps.
If you're looking for a standard keyboard amp then perhaps this is not for you, but if you're ready to try something different then consider giving it a go.
Although this was previously on our recommended list, there are now more highly rated options available which you will find in our guide to The Best Keyboard Amps.
Here is Aspen Pittman explaining the Spacestation V.3 and his Center Point Stereo concept: