Aspen Pittman Designs Spacestation V.3 280W Active Monitor
Gearank High Notes
The Spacestation V.3 first appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Amps as my personal Editor's Pick in May 2016 and it remained there until November 2018. At that time it earned a spot on the list as the highest rated keyboard amp under $1000.
It remained on our list until October 2020 when it was replaced by the Spacestation XL.
|Keyboard Magazine||David Bryce||98/100|
|The Gear Page||Scott Peterson||90/100|
Although this is presented as an active monitor, it is also hugely popular as a keyboard amp.
What sets this apart from all the other amps it competes with is Aspen Pittman's patented Center Point Stereo.
This produces what Aspen Pittman says is "stereo everywhere from a single box". They also call it a 300 degree 3D stereo sound field.
To get a better understanding of this please watch the video below.
Some electronic organ players say that it has something of a rotating leslie speaker effect in addition to creating a stereo soundscape.
If you're looking for a standard keyboard amp then perhaps this is not for you, but if you're ready to try something different then consider giving it a go.
- Output Power: 100W RMS (Front/Side), 40W RMS (Midrange)/Tweeter.
- Number of Channels: 1 with 2 inputs for left and right.
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4".
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" for a Subwoofer.
- Speakers: 1 x 8", 1 x 6.5", 1 x 1", 1 x Tweeter.
- Tone Control: stereo width control and frequency control of mids and highs.
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Size: 18" x 11" x 11".
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty: Not specified.
Here is Aspen Pittman explaining the Spacestation V.3 and his Center Point Stereo concept: