Audient iD22 10-Channel USB Audio Interface
The Audient ID22 is a 2-in / 6-out audio interface, with two Class A preamps paired with Burr Brown AD-DA converters that allow for 24-bit/96kHz resolution. And since Audient mic preamps are highly sought after, they are expected to improve the recording quality that you get from the iPad.
But it's not just microphone recordings that will benefit, because it also comes with a dedicated instrument input with JFET DI circuitry.
Finally, the Audient 22 comes with in a compact and stylish form factor that make it easy on the eyes and easy to carry around.
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
- Connectors: USB (Requires Lightning to USB Adapter)
- Simultaneous Channels: 2 (Up to 10 via ADAT)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS Combo, 1 x 1/4" DI (Instrument), 2 x 1/4" Return, 1 x ADAT/S/SDPIF
- Outputs: 4 x 1/4" (2 Pairs of Stereo Output), 2 x 1/4" Send Headphones
- MIDI: USB
- Power: Requires AC Power Supply or Powered USB Hub
- Phantom Power: 48V (When using AC Power Supply)
Clean and quiet are two words that nicely capture what most users feel about the Audient ID22. More importantly, there are no questions when it comes to sound quality, because almost everyone is in agreement that it makes their recordings sound better. Build quality and aesthetic appeal also scored them some high ratings, and even recommendations from experienced producers and musicians.
Other than a few who feel that the price is out of their reach, there are no consistent or noteworthy complaints.
If budget is not an issue, then you might as well check out the iD22 from Audient. If you have the budget and want nothing less than the best rated audio interface with the capacity to expand via ADAT, then get the Audient ID14 ASAP. Alternatively you can look at the highest rated alternatives in our guides to iPad Audio Interfaces and USB Audio Interfaces.