iZotope Spire Studio iOS iPad Audio Interface (Discontinued)
The Spire Studio appeared on our recommended list for iPad Compatible Audio Interfaces from October 2020 until February 2021 when it was removed due to a lack of availability.
The iZotope Spire is an oddity and many would be hard-pressed to classify it.
It is labeled an interface by many retailers though it blurs the line between hardware workstation, and portable recorder as well.
Regardless of classification, it enables convenient recording via XLR or the built-in mic.
All recorded files are stored in the hardware but are easily accessed via the mobile app.
If you're the type to want to get ideas on record as fast as possible without booting up a computer, while also being able to make scratch recordings sound listenable, the Spire Studio is right up your alley.
- A/D Resolution: 48 kHz/24-bit
- Connectors: None. Connects via internal WiFi Router
- Simultaneous Channels: 2
- Inputs: 2 x XLR/TS combo jacks
- Outputs: 2 x headphone 1/8" outputs
- MIDI: none
- Power: Universal power adapter
- Bundled Software: Spire Studio Controller app
- Phantom Power: Yes