Korg minilogue Analog Synthesizer Keyboard
The Korg Minilogue combines 4-voice analog synthesis with programmable controls.
It has 2 oscillators per voice, with an analog circuit that features 2 VCOs, 2 EG, 1 VCF, 1 VCA, and 1 LFO, which should be more than enough to appease musicians who want to explore more sonic options.
The digital brain of this synth makes better use of the unit's plethora of controls, with 200 program memories and 100 presets.
It also has a 16-step sequencer built-in with motion recording and step programming.
Other features include shape control, cross modulation, oscillator syncm tape style delay and ring modulator.
- Polyphony: Polyphonic (4-Notes)
- Keys: 37 Slim Velocity Sensitive Keys
- Oscillator: 2 x Analog VCO
- Filter: 2-pole/4-pole Lowpass Filter with Keytrack, Velocity
- Envelope: 1 x AMP EG (ADSR), 1 x EG (ADSR)
- LFO: 1 x LFO waveforms (triangle, sawtooth, square)
- Effects: Delay and Ring Modulation
- Additional Controllers: None
- Step Sequencer: 16-steps
- Audio Input: 1 x 1/4" TS (audio in)
- Audio Output: 1 x 1/4" TS (audio out), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- Other Connectivity: USB (Type B), MIDI In/Out, Sync In/Out
- Power: 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions: 3.35" x 19.69" x 11.81"
- Weight: 6.17 lbs.
Great sounding and fun to play are two statements that decently summarize market sentiment. While most positive reviews come from impressed first time analog synth owners, there are experienced keyboardists who are just as pleased with the Minilogue. Sound on Sound's Gordon Reid mentions that "it’s a cost–effective way to obtain four genuine analogue voices in a very stylish package". Affordability is also its strong suit, given its feature set.
The Minilogue's limited MIDI connection options disappointed some users.
If fun and expressiveness rank highly in your requirements, then the Korg Minilogue may just be what you need.
This was previously on our recommended list for The Best Synth Keyboards Under $500 but had to be removed due to a price increase that put it above the $500 limit.