Kurzweil PC3K6 61-key Synthesizer Workstation (Discontinued)
The PC3K6 appeared on our recommended list for Keyboard Workstations Between $2000 and $5000 from March 2018 until May 2020.
The PC3K6 comes with Kurzweil's Dynamic V.A.S.T. synthesis engine, that contains extensive libraries of existing K Series samples.
Aside from that, it is also flexible when it comes to loading compatible sound files since it's capable of loading .KRZ/25/26 sample files, WAVE and AIFF files.
Kurzweil has included USB Host and Device ports for saving user programs, setups and songs to a USB thumb-drive or directly to a computer, as well as 128 MB worth of sample memory for users to store their samples even after the unit is turned off.
This is a good choice if you are looking for a workstation with excellent analog modelling capabilities.
- Keys: 61 velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys
- Sound Engine(s): Dynamic VAST, VA1
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 x front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 x front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 x switch pedal input, 2 x continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input.
- Effects: 16 x insert effects distributed over 11 busses, 2 x auxiliary sends, 2 x Master Effects (Over 500 effects: reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors)
- Audio Recording:Not Specified
- Audio Playback:Not Specified
- Sequencer: Unlimited tracks (on import)
- Audio Inputs: Not Specified
- Audio Outputs: 4 x 1/4" Line-in. 1 x 1/8" Line-in (Headphones)
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru
- Other Connections: 3 x Switch Pedals, 2 x CC Pedals, 1 x Super Ribbon Pedal, 1 x Breath Pedal Input
- USB: MIDI over USB
- Power Supply:AC power supply 120/240V
- Dimensions: 39.37" x 4.84" x 13.98"
- Weight: 30.86 lbs.